As the association of the German games industry, we are a central point of contact for policymakers, the media, society and industry on all topics to do with games, including esports. game esports is a working group for game members who are actively involved with esports. They include a wide range of stakeholders in the esports ecosystem, such as game developers, publishers, event organisers and agencies.
Together, the members of game esports are working to establish esports more firmly in Germany. This includes:
- Improving conditions for esports
- Positioning esports in society, industry, government policy and the media
- Connecting esports stakeholders
- Collecting and publishing market and survey data
We want to make Germany the best location for esports. Therefore, it is needed to solve the following problems in order to improve the standing of esports in Germany:
- Official acknowledgement of the non-profit status of clubs offering esports
- Creating better conditions for esports at the state and community level
- Promoting talent
The policy paper of game · esports can be found here: Making Germany the best location for esports.
game – the German Games Industry Association, is a member of the Interactive Software Federation of Europe (ISFE), through which it promotes esports at European level.
At national level, game esports works closely with eSport-Bund Deutschland (ESBD). As a specialist sports association, the ESBD represents both professional esports teams as well as mass sports clubs and their athletes across Germany.
game esports members